The Poconos is a great place to spend the winter months. I love exploring the area with friends and family, especially during the holidays. It’s easy to find peace in nature and enjoy new experiences together.
- The Poconos are a range of mountains in northeast Pennsylvania.
- They’re one of the many wonderful places to visit in the state, and there’s no better time to go than winter!
- If you’re looking for fun things to do in the region, look no further than this list:
Go in winter
For those of you who have not spent much time in the Poconos, let me tell you: winter is the best time to be there. The weather is gorgeous, the scenery is stunning and it’s generally a quieter season for travel (though hotels are still available!). If you’re an avid skier or snowboarder, this is your chance to hit one of many resorts open all year long including Camelback Mountain Resort and Jack Frost Ski Resort. If not, no worries—there’s plenty else to do that doesn’t involve staying on top of a mountain! Snowmobiling tours are available throughout most of December and January at High Country Adventures and can take you through some beautiful parts of the region.
Do the outdoor activities
The snow and ice make for a perfect outdoor playground. There are many ways to enjoy the outdoors in Pocono resorts:
There’s something for everyone here!
Find peace at the Buddhist temple
- The Buddhist temple is a peaceful place to relax.
- You can meet new people at the Buddhist temple.
- People go to the Buddhist temple for meditation and prayer.
- The Buddhist temple has an exercise room where people can work out, stretch their muscles and get in shape at any time of day or night.
- The Buddhist temple is a great place to relax and take in nature while enjoying tea or coffee with friends while chatting about your day’s events
The Poconos have great food, shopping and spas, along with exciting outdoor adventures.
- Food, shopping and spas.
- Exciting outdoor adventures.
The Pocono Mountains are full of things to do. You can go into the woods and see how it feels to be in nature, or you could go on a hike through an abandoned mining town. There is also plenty of shopping so you can find whatever you need at any time of year!